HISTORY OF THE TORCH EXHAUST FLAME KIT:
After more than a decade, the Torch Exhaust Flamethrower Kit is for sale worldwide. This kit started as a simple project more than 15 years ago to get, what was then, my 1991 Chevy Camaro RS to shoot flames. It went through many stages of prototyping before being sold in the early 2000’s on eBay and an online store. Over the span of 3 years, more than 300 kits were made and sold.
In early 2018, video of the kit on my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 went viral which was the same exact kit that was on my old 95 TransAm some 15 years ago. The kit was dusted off, installed on my Speed3 and worked as if it were brand new! This is when I decided to bring the kit back for the newer generation of car enthusiasts.
Since then, the kit has been re-designed to be user-friendly. The main component enclosures for the Under-hood Safety Switch, Cockpit Switch Panel and the Torch Control Box are 3D printed. Each enclosure is sealed with a rubberized coating for look, durability and feel. All wiring for the main components are now color-coded to take out the guess work of installation.
UNIVERSAL KITS INCLUDE ALL NEEDED COMPONENTS
The Single/Dual Torch Exhaust Kits include:
– Under-hood Safety Switch
– Cockpit Switch Panel
– Torch Control Box
– Inline Fuse
– Red and Black 16-Gauge Wire (20ft each)
– Barrel Coil(s)
– Spark Plug Wire(s)
– Spark Plug(s)
– Spark Plug Bung(s)
– Zip Ties
– Comprehensive Instruction Guide
Each exhaust flame kit is universal and will work on any gasoline car or truck with catalytic converters deleted. SINGLE and DUAL exhaust kits are available and are guaranteed to: (1) provide a simple and safe way to momentarily cut engine ignition spark to provide raw fuel through the system, and (2) to provide a strong spark to the tailpipe(s) to ignite the raw fuel.
Necessary car modifications:
– Removal of Catalytic Converters: All catalytic converters must be removed from the car. This includes aftermarket high-flow catalytic converters. This kit is optimized to work on least restrictive exhaust setups.
– Ignition Cut Circuit: On the majority of vehicles, there is only ONE wire that will be cut and spliced for the use of this kit which is the common ground wire for the under-hood ignition coil(s). This is detailed in the comprehensive Instruction Guide.
This depends on the installer’s knowledge of electronics and vehicle modification. The full installation should take around 3-hours if the following conditions are met:
– Find the common ground for the under-hood ignition coil(s).
– Route one 16-gauge wire from the engine bay to the cockpit Switch Panel.
– Locate an accessory ON +12V source tapped for the Switch Panel.
– Route one 16-gauge wire from the Switch panel to the trunk of the car.
– Find a proper place for the Torch Brain Box.
– Find proper mounting places for the coils in or under the trunk space.
– Have the tools to drill the hole(s) in the exhaust tip(s).
– Access to a welder to mount the spark plug bung(s) to the tailpipe(s).